We provide a comprehensive mental health assessment, treatment and support service to adult clients aged 25-64 years.
What we do
Our team provides:
- psychiatric assessment
- clinical case management
- family and carer support
- specialist allied health interventions
- psychiatric treatment
We work in partnership with you, your family and your community to reduce the impact of your mental illness, improve your quality of life and promote your recovery.
We aim to deliver excellent quality care that is accessible and sensitive to the diversity of our community.
Who we care for
We see people who live within the City of Stonnington, including the suburbs of Toorak, South Yarra, Prahran, Armadale, Windsor, and part of the City of Glen Eira, including Caulfield.
How to access this clinic
Contact us directly
Family, carers, case managers and patients can contact us directly to access our services.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
|Monday||Waiora Community Mental Health Services||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||Waiora Community Mental Health Services||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Wednesday||Waiora Community Mental Health Services||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||Waiora Community Mental Health Services||8.30am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||Waiora Community Mental Health Services||8.30am - 5.00pm|
- Dr Nicolas Mims: Psychiatry
- Dr Rosaria Forlano: Psychiatry
- Dr Robert Shields: Psychiatry
ResourcesAll patient resources
Alfred Health - Carer Services for Mental Health Carers Brochure
Alfred Health - Mental Health Carer and Family Support Groups Brochure
Alfred Health Carer Services
An advisory and support service for carers located in Melbourne's south
Mental Health Australia
The peak, national non-government organisation representing and promoting the interests of the Australian mental health sector
Mental Health First Aid
First aid information and courses for mental health problems
For young carers who help care in families where someone has an illness, a disability, a mental health issue or who has an alcohol or other drug problem
Alfred Health Carer Services: Are You Caring for Someone?
Find out about support services offered for carers.
A national charity helping all Australians affected by mental illness
Inner South family and friends
Voices Vic is a statewide specialist program led by people with a lived experience, which seeks to improve the lives of people who hear voices.
The peak body for families and carers of people in Victoria experiencing mental ill health
Victorian Mental Health Awareness Council
The peak Victorian non-government organisation for people with lived experience of mental health or emotional issues.