Getting to The Alfred
There are a number of transport options for you to safely travel to The Alfred.
Due to roadworks being completed, there will be restricted access to roads near The Alfred.
The project will be completed between 7.00pm - 5.30am on Wednesday 4 November, to Monday 9 November inclusive.
Between these times, east-bound lanes and west-bound lanes on Commercial Road will be closed alternatively between St. Kilda Road and the helipad at The Alfred Hospital. Detours will be in place to maintain access to the hospital. Trams will also run as usual between these times.
If you’re travelling in the area, please keep an eye out for changed traffic conditions, plan ahead and allow 5 minutes of extra travel time.
Please also be aware that the south-bound service lanes on St. Kilda Road will also be closed between Armadale Street and Commercial Road during this period.
- Tram number 72 stops in front of The Alfred main entrance and near to The Alfred Centre entrance. Some of these trams offer wheelchair or disability access but there is no regular timetable for these specific trams.
- Tram numbers 3, 5, 6, 64 and 67 stop on St Kilda Road at the Commercial Road intersection, which is a short walk from The Alfred.
- There is a digital tram timetable display at main reception and in The Alfred Café.
- Prahran railway station is within walking distance. Walk along Greville Street and then Punt Road to Commercial Road.
- Bus numbers 603 and 604 stop on Commercial Road
- Bus number 246 stops on Punt Road at the Commercial Road intersection and is a short walk from The Alfred.
- Ask your driver to drop you at your preferred entrance.
- Free taxi phones are available at the hospital’s main receptions if you need to book a taxi.
Find out more at Public Transport Victoria, or take a look at public transport options in the City of Port Phillip.