At Alfred Health, the GP Liaison team aims to improve communication between General Practitioners and Alfred Health to enhance patient care.
We can provide support by:
- facilitating communication between Alfred Health and GPs in the community, including HMO education and improving discharge and outpatient correspondence
- the development and implementation of strategies to assist in outpatient clinic demand management and facilitate patient care
- maintenance and updating of referral guidelines
- assisting GPs in accessing hospital services, and providing a point of contact for GPs
- liaising with the Primary Health Networks on a number of projects, including GP and practice nurse education programs
- encouraging patients to have a GP
The Alfred Health GP Liaison team welcomes your feedback and suggestions. You can contact us by phone or email.