Visitors & visiting hours
Protecting our patients, visitors and staff is more important than ever during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
New visitor arrangements at Alfred Health
Following the easing of restrictions, we are reintroducing visitors to our hospitals for essential visits only. These changes apply from Tuesday 28 September 2020.
We appreciate the ongoing support from our community as we continue to keep our hospitals safe for our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For our general wards:
- One visitor only, once per day for one hour
- Visits between 10am - 1pm and 3pm - 7pm
As a condition of entry to our hospitals, visitors must:
- Only visit when essential
- Be screened and checked in at entry before proceeding to the wards
- Sign the Visitor Register at the relevant ward reception, on arrival and departure
- Wear masks provided by Alfred Health throughout the visit
- Maintain physical distance
- Follow staff instructions at all times
For our Intensive Care Unit
- Nominated visitors will book their visits directly through the visitor coordinator who will screen visitors.
- Visiting hours to ICU are between 11am - 1pm and 3pm - 7pm
For other wards where patients are particularly vulnerable to infection, special arrangements are in place to ensure patient and staff safety.