As part of one of Australia’s leading health services, the Alfred Health Radiology Service has achieved a position of leadership in our speciality and has long had one of the most experienced and advanced departments in the country.
What we do
A majority of our services are bulk billed and our interventional team provide a range of diagnostic and therapeutic services including neuro-intervention.
Your doctor can refer you directly to the service. Scheduled appointments reduce waiting times whilst reports and images can be electronically forwarded to your doctor in a fast and secure manner. Our services are based at The Alfred and Sandringham Hospitals. Children (below the age of 16) and obstetrics patients are seen at Sandringham. Access to the service is easy with onsite parking available at both sites or via public transport.
Your doctor can refer you for:
- X-ray - The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital
- CT scan - The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital
- Dexa scan - The Alfred
- Mammography - The Alfred
- Ultrasound - The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital
- MRI - The Alfred
- Fluoroscopy - The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital
- Angiography - The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital
- OPG - The Alfred
- Paediatric (16 or under) and obstetric exams - Sandringham Hospital
What to expect
You will receive a letter to confirm your appointment time and information relating to any special preparations that might be needed.
On arrival you will be greeted by our friendly staff who will explain the procedure to you.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
Your GP or medical practitioner will organise for you to access this service.
What to bring
When you come for your appointment
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports