Getting to The Alfred
Public transport and taxis
Due to Metro Tunnel works for the new Anzac Station (near the Shrine of Remembrance), buses replace trams along St Kilda Road from 8.30pm Sunday 13 October to 6.30am Sunday 27 October. This impacts route 3/3a, 5, 16, 58, 64, 67 and 72 trams.
Buses also replace route 6 trams for the same period. This is due to tram track renewal works along High Street between St Kilda Road and Williams Road.
The replacement buses are low-floor for maximum accessibility however this depends on availability of these buses. If you need assistance getting on or off public transport, speak to Yarra Trams customer service staff along your route or alert your driver. Additional accessibility taxis will run along St Kilda Road.
If you are traveling to The Alfred on public transport during this time, you will need to plan ahead and allow additional time for your journey.
Up to date information can be found on the Yarra Trams website.
- Tram number 72 stops in front of The Alfred main entrance and near to The Alfred Centre entrance. Some of these trams offer wheelchair or disability access but there is no regular timetable for these specific trams.
- Tram numbers 3, 5, 6, 64 and 67 stop on St Kilda Road at the Commercial Road intersection, which is a short walk from The Alfred.
- There is a digital tram timetable display at main reception and in The Alfred Café.
- Prahran railway station is within walking distance. Walk along Greville Street and then Punt Road to Commercial Road.
- Bus numbers 216, 219 and 220 stop on Commercial Road
- Bus number 246 stops on Punt Road at the Commercial Road intersection and is a short walk from The Alfred.
- Ask your driver to drop you at your preferred entrance.
- Free taxi phones are available at the hospital’s main receptions if you need to book a taxi.
Find out more at Public Transport Victoria, or take a look at public transport options in the City of Port Phillip.