We provide treatment for patients using different types of radiological imaging such as fluoroscopy (live X-ray), MRIs, CT scans and ultrasounds. This lets us deliver precise, targeted treatment.
What to expect
Interventional Radiology is a growing field in medicine. This clinic is designed for patients who require specialised interventional procedures using imaging technology.
You will see a specialist radiologist who will discuss the procedure you have been referred for in detail. This also provides the opportunity for a thorough medical assessment, to ensure you receive the appropriate work-up before the procedure, such as blood tests or other imaging.
If the procedure is to be performed under a general anaesthetic you may be required to attend a pre – anaesthetic assesment clinic which the doctor will refer you to. You may also meet our Interventional Radiology Nursing Coordinator who will be coordinating your procedure.
How to access this clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
- Dr Jim Koukounaras: Radiology
- Dr Gerard Goh: Radiology
- Dr Timothy Joseph: Radiology
- Dr Warren Clements: Radiology
- Dr Anoop Madan: Radiology
- Dr Tuan Phan: Radiology
- Dr Wa Cheung: Radiology
- Dr Samantha Ellis: Radiology
- Dr Jan Gerstenmaier: Radiology