We care for people who have general breathing or sleeping problems.
What we do
Our care can include breathing support, oxygen therapy, rehabilitation and monitoring.
Our team are highly skilled in addressing and managing issues relating to breathing and sleeping problems.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For an overnight (or longer) stay
- Dressing gown and slippers, or comfortable day clothes and shoes
- Personal hygiene items, such as shampoo, shaving cream, shaver, toothpaste and deodorant
- Something to do, like a book, a magazine or an iPad/tablet with headphones
Don’t bring (for an overnight or longer stay)
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash
- Valuables, such as jewellery or watches
|General Respiratory Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Interstitial Lung Disease Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Sleep Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Lung Function Laboratory||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|