The Lung Function Laboratory is only accepting referrals for urgent tests during the coronavirus pandemic to reduce the risk of transmission. All referrals will be triaged and non-urgent tests deferred until the laboratory returns to normal service.
What we do
We can perform a variety of tests in our lab. Depending on your symptoms, more than one test may be undertaken during your appointment.
Who we care for
We can perform lung function tests on any patients who has a referral from a doctor.
What to expect
Most tests are quite straightforward. You will be directed by the clinician to perform breathing tasks. This may make you feel short of breath and puffed, but they will allow time between tasks for you to catch your breath.
Be sure to let the clinician know if you are feeling unwell during the tests.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
|Monday||The Alfred||8.30am - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||The Alfred||8.30am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||The Alfred||8.30am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||The Alfred||8.30am - 4.30pm|
|Friday||The Alfred||8.30am - 4.30pm|