Podiatry is a health profession which specialises in the prevention, diagnoses, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders of the foot and lower limb.
Clinical service overview
At The Alfred, we primarily care for people in the hospital, or outpatients with serious foot problems.
We also run a service for inpatients at Caulfield Hospital, and we provide an outpatient service through the Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS). Podiatry at CCHS can help with:
- custom made insoles
- diabetes related foot assessments
- foot health screening
- footwear assessment
- general foot care (treatment of toenails and removal of corns and callous)
- nail surgery
- wax bath clinics
- wound management
Refer your patient
Internal referrals & Caulfield Access Unit
We accept referrals for inpatients and patients who have been referred internally from Alfred Health services.
For community accessible outpatient clinics, refer to Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS) via the Caulfield Access Unit.
- Referral enquiries (CCHS) (03) 9076 6776
- Referral fax (CCHS) (03) 9076 6773
- Enquiries email (CCHS) email@example.com