Clinical service overview
Sandringham Hospital offers a general surgery service for the following conditions:
- Skin and subcutaneous lesions
- Gall bladder surgery
- Haemorrhoids, anal fissures and anal fistulas and other colorectal problems
GP's should refer to the Sandringham General Surgery Clinic for review.
This service does not routinely offer treatment for the following:
- Patients who are being treated for the same condition at another Victorian public hospital
- Children under 16 years of age requiring surgical consultation
- Patients with BMI >40
- Patients who are at high anaesthetic risk (these patients should be referred to The Alfred for further management)
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 1288
- Referral fax (03) 9076 1252
- Surgical waiting list enquiries (03) 9076 1484
|General Surgery Clinic (Sandringham)
Fridays at Sandringham Hospital
|Sandringham Hospital||193 Bluff Rd, Sandringham VIC 3191|