The Dental Service provides assessment and dental treatment for patients with complex medical conditions.
Clinical service overview
We specialise in the management of dental treatment for patients with a history of :
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Head and neck malignancies
- Heart valve replacement
- HIV and infectious diseases
- Organ transplantation
We provide combined care with the patients primary Alfred healthcare team.
Medically fit patients are not seen at The Alfred except in emergency circumstances.
This service does not routinely offer treatment for the following:
- Patients who are being treated for the same condition at another Victorian public hospital
- Children under 18 years of age
- Patients requiring crowns
- Patients requiring bridge work
- Patients requiring endodontic treatment
The following services are only provided in special circumstances:
- Maintenance dentistry (cleaning, dental check ups)
- Restorative treatments
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2107
- Referral fax (03) 9076 0562
- Enquiries email email@example.com
|Dental Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|