The Dental Service provides assessment and dental treatment for patients with complex medical conditions.
Who we care for
We provide specialised dental treatment for patients who have other complex medical conditions, such as people with HIV, haemophilia or those who have had an organ transplant.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will fax your referral letter to us. Once we receive it, we will send you a confirmation letter.
If you need surgery, you will be placed on a surgical waiting list after being seen in clinic. You may also need to attend the Pre-Admission Clinic prior to your surgery.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
For a day procedure
- Responsible adult carer to stay with you to hear instructions, help you and take you home
- Comfortable day clothes, such as a tracksuit
|Dental Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|