The Colorectal and General Surgery (CRS) Unit provides management of diseases of the intestine, colon, rectum and anus.
Clinical service overview
- Colorectal cancer
- Premalignant conditions of the colon, rectum and anus
- Anal cancer/AIN
- Stomal therapy
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for rectal lesions
- Inflammatory bowel disease surgery
The Proctology Clinic runs concurrently with the CRS clinic and provides screening and investigation for patients with undefined PR bleeding. Patients will be referred to the CRS Clinic for further management if necessary.
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2025
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6938
- Enquiries email email@example.com
- Mr Roger Wale: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery
- Mr Stewart Skinner: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery
- Mr Keith Farmer: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery, General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Mr Stephen Bell: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery, General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Mr Peter Carne: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery
- Mr Martin Chin: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery
- Mr Satish Warrier: Endoscopy, General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Mr Paul Simpson: Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery