The Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) is one of the Aged Care Assessment Services within the National Aged Care Assessment Program (ACAP). We aim to assist older people and some younger people with disabilities and their carers to continue to live independently in their community.
Clinical service overview
We are able to offer the following services:
- Assess eligibility and access for Commonwealth Programs such as Aged Care Packages and Residential Aged Care services
- Provide information, referrals and coordination with other aged care services and health and community support services
An ACAS assessment is comprehensive and usually involves information, advice and referral to assist people in making decisions about future care needs. This may include:
- community service options such as assistance with personal care and domestic support
- access through Commonwealth approvals for Aged Care Home Support Packages and Residential Permanent and Respite care service options such as Hostels and Nursing Homes
- hospital service options such as a bed in a rehabilitation ward
We may also assist people with aged care medical advice to assist their doctor and other medical staff about their ongoing healthcare.
We provide an assessment service for people who live in the:
- City of Glen Eira
- City of Port Phillip
- City of Stonnington
Refer your patient
GP, specialist or self-referral
We accept referrals from GPs, specialists, health professionals, family, carers, case managers and patients.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 6314
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6428
Aged Care Assessment Service Brochure
Information for patients about the service.
Aged Care guide
A website which provides information about aged care products, services and residential facilities
My Aged Care
An Australian Government resource centre for aged care services
Aged Care Accreditation and Standards Agency
Department of Health and Ageing