We offer access to community residences to assist in recovery from mental health issues.
Clinical service overview
Alfred Mental Health service has a number of residential community options to assist people in their recovery. These include:
Alma Road Community Care Centre (ARCC)
This is located at 75 Alma Rd, St Kilda and provides a medium term residential rehabilitation program for up to 15 people living on site in four shared self-contained units. It has 24 hour on-site clinical support and case management.
Team members include:
- consultant psychiatrist
- psychiatric registrar
- occupational therapists
- social worker
- exercise physiologist
- music and art therapists
Patients can also be referred to employment consultants, a dietitian and other services as appropriate.
Prevention and Recovery Care Unit (PARC)
PARC-is a 10 bed unit located at 35-37 Nicolson St South Yarra, managed and delivered in collaboration with Mental Illness Fellowship that provides a safe home like environment. PARC provides care and support to people during early stages of relapse (step-up) or immediately post discharge from hospital (step-down).
Clinical support is provided by an Alfred Psychiatry employed psychiatric nurse Monday-Friday during business hours and after hours by our Mobile Support and Treatment Team and Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT), with MI Fellowship providing 24 hour on site support.
The above options are available to current clients of Alfred Mental Health service aged between 18-64 years of age who live in the Inner South of Melbourne and require residential rehabilitation services. PARC also delivers care to clients of Inner South Community Health Service- Mental Health service (ISCHS).
Accessing these services
PARC referrals are accepted from:
- Alfred Psychiatry Case Managers/Treating Teams
- ISCHS Mental Health Service Case Managers/Treating Team
- All other referrals via Alfred Psychiatry Triage 1300 363 746
- For further information please contact PARC Senior clinician on 9832 9300 (M-F Business Hours)
ARCC referrals are accepted from:
- an Alfred Psychiatry case manager or through community intake service (M-F business hours) on 9076 9888
Refer your patient
- Referral enquiries ARCC (03) 9076 9888
- Referral enquiries PARC 9832 9300
- After hours enquiries 1300 363 746