We provide care and support for patients requiring a heart transplant or those who have had a heart transplant (including ventricular assist devices).
What we do
We have been performing heart transplants since 1988 and coordinate more than 20 transplants a year. We are a highly specialist multi-disciplinary team of staff who can provide medical and social support to you and your family.
COVID-19 Service update
Due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic, please find further information for heart transplant patients about changes to our service here.
Who we care for
We care and support people who:
- are in the process of heart transplant assessment
- are on the waiting list for a heart transplant
- have had a heart transplant or insertion of a ventricular assist device (VAD)
What to expect
- tailored clinic visits to your medical needs
- routine and specialised investigations relevant to your medical condition
- a multi-disciplinary care team to provide your ongoing care and support, including a specialist heart failure nurse team
- close collaboration with your GP
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
|Advanced Heart Failure Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction Clinic
|The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Heart Transplant Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Ventricular Assist Device Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Heart Failure Early Follow Up Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|