We care for people with multiple medical problems, in particular those associated with getting old.
What we do
We take a holistic approach to caring for older people, looking at each health issue and disease and how they interact with each other, to ensure the best care and treatment for our patients.
We can work with you, your GP and family if anyone is worried about:
- Problems with walking & falls
- Feeling tired
- Memory loss
- Feeling down or anxious
- Bladder / bowel problems
- Loss of strength
- Weight loss or diet concerns
- Ongoing health problems
- Moving out of your home to live elsewhere
Who we care for
There is usually no set age, but people are usually more than 75 years old.
Our Geriatricians take a holistic approach to caring for older adults experiencing complex medical issues. We look at each of your health issues how they interact with each other, to ensure the best care and treatment is provided for you.
What to expect
- Contact with the same doctor each time you need to see a Geriatrician
- A thorough assessment of all of the problems you are worried about
- A plan to address these problems
Commonly asked questions
Appointments are available at Caulfield Hospital several days a week. If you live in a residential care facility, one of our Geriatricians can come to you. Some patients may have an appointment via a video call. Please discuss this with your Geriatrician.
How to access this clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
What to bring: Geriatric and older persons clinic
- Medicare and/or Pension Cards
- A list of your current medications from your doctor and over the counter supplements
- Recent results such as bloods tests, x-rays & scans
- Completed form mailed to you with appointment date and time
- Glasses, hearing aid and walking frame
We also encourage you to bring a family member or carer with you.
- A/Prof Peter Hunter:
- Dr Jonathan Beavers: Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Amelia Crabtree: Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Renata Lemke: Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Seema Parikh: General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Suma Poojary: Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Brenton Tay: Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Christie Little: Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Katherine Rush: Geriatric Medicine