Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) cares for people who require surgery for problems relating to the ear, nose and throat, including surgery for cancer.
What we do
Our two ENT units provide ear, nose and throat surgery at The Alfred.
- ENT 1 manages routine ear, nose and throat problems. They have a special interest in head and neck surgery, including cancer surgery. The unit also does surgery for sinusitis and nasal polyps.
- ENT 2 has a special interest in ear problems, hearing impairment, balance disturbance, communication problems and vestibular problems such as vertigo.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will fax your referral letter to us. Once we receive it, we will send you a confirmation letter.
If you need surgery, you will be placed on a surgical waiting list after being seen in clinic. You may also need to attend the Pre-Admission Clinic prior to your surgery.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
For an overnight (or longer) stay
- Dressing gown and slippers, or comfortable day clothes and shoes
- Personal hygiene items, such as shampoo, shaving cream, shaver, toothpaste and deodorant
- Something to do, like a book, a magazine or an iPad/tablet with headphones
Don’t bring (for an overnight or longer stay)
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash
- Valuables, such as jewellery or watches
|Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic - Otoneurology||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic - Head and Neck||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|