What do I need to bring?
Find out about the personal items that you should bring with you for your visit
If you are admitted...
As an inpatient we recommend all valuables are stored safely in hospital Security if they are unable to be taken home. Please ask your nurse to arrange this. The hospital does not accept responsibility for lost valuable items and storage space is limited. If you go for tests or treatments, you may have to leave items in your room, and we don’t want you to lose anything important.
Bring with you:
- a small amount of cash for daily expenses
- clothing so you can be actively involved in your care
- footwear (shoes and slippers) that is firm, supportive and enclosed. Avoid bed socks or loose footwear as they can increase the risk of falls
- personal items such as dentures, hearing aids, eye glasses, walking aids, prostheses
- toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, tissues, soap and shampoo
- documents (if applicable) such as:
- existing prescriptions and medications
- Medicare card
- Pension card
- Healthcare card
- Veteran affairs card
- Safety net pharmaceutical card
- Hearing aid services card
- Copy of power of attorney
- Advanced care plan
- TAC or Workcover documents
You may choose to bring electronic devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers and iPads, including chargers. We encourage you to bring only what is absolutely essential. While we provide a safe and secure environment, you remain responsible for your valuables.