HIV Services Advisory Group (HSAG)
Alfred Health’s HIV Services Advisory Group (HSAG) continues to help the health service plan for future services and identify community needs and future trends in HIV care.
Established in October 2014, HSAG includes community members and advocacy groups as well as clinical, academic and government representatives.
The group meets every two months at the Positive Living Centre in Prahran and is chaired by Prof. Andrew Way, Chief Executive, Alfred Health.
Community and Advocacy Group Members
- Mr Philip Elphinstone
- Mr David Menadue
- Mr Max Niggl
- Mr Simon Ruth
- Mr Bernie Slagtman
Work is underway to ensure our membership includes a more diverse representation including women living with HIV and the transgendered community.
- Prof Christopher (Kit) Fairley - Director, Melbourne Sexual Health Centre / Professor of Public Health, Central Clinical School, Monash University
- Prof Jenny Hoy - Director of HIV Medicine, Alfred Health
- Prof Mark Stoove - Burnet Institute
- Prof Andrew Way (Chair) - Chief Executive, Alfred Health
- Ms Heidi Bulda - Nurse Unit Manager, Fairfield House, Alfred Health
- Ms Suzanne Corcoran - Executive Officer, Alfred Health
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is also represented in the group.
This course is aimed at new graduate physiotherapists and those with limited acute trauma experience.
The content presented in this course will include basic acute trauma injury profiles and acute physiotherapy assessment and management skills.
Due to COVID-19, Semester 1 of the EMRC in 2021 will be delivered completely online!
Take advantage of current social distancing measures by utilising the extra time spent at home to complete your Australasian College for Emergency Medicine 4.10 requirement.