We test for a variety of vascular (blood vessel) disorders throughout the body, mainly using ultrasound.
What we do
We are part of the Vascular Surgery unit and work closely with the vascular medical team to provide a useful and comprehensive service to assist in treatment and management for patients of the vascular unit, and other units of this hospital.
Who we care for
We assist in the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of issues relating to the vascular (blood vessel) system such as:
- varicose veins
- blood clots
- aneurysms (excessive swelling of an artery)
- occlusions (blockages) and narrowing
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)