We care for the spiritual needs of patients, families and staff.
What we do
We can offer religious ministry of prayer and sacrament, or an exploration of ultimate meaning and value, or just support and affirm someone through a difficult period while they are in hospital.
We have chaplains and pastoral care workers in the hospital during the day, and an after-hours emergency service which is covered by the local denominational clergy and on-call chaplains.
The following services are available at The Alfred:
- Ecumenical eucharist - Wednesday 12.30pm
- Islamic prayers - Friday 1.00pm
The following services are available at in the Sacred Space at Caulfield Hospital:
- Ecumenical Eucharist - Thursday 10:30am
- Catholic Mass - 1st Tuesday of the month 2.00pm
- Mindfulness Meditation for staff and volunteers – Thursday 2:00pm
We also offer Christian Communion provided by Volunteers and Pastoral Care visits to inpatients.
Who we care for
Patients, families and staff
How to access this service
No referral needed
You do not need a referral letter from your doctor to access this service.