We care for and treat people who have issues relating to their bones.
What we do
We have a large elective surgery program at The Alfred and Sandringham Hospitals.
Our team is multi-disciplinary, including surgeons, physiotherapists, orthotists and nurses.
All orthopaedic surgeons specialise in different areas of expertise, including:
- hip and knee surgery
- wrist and hand surgery
- shoulder and elbow surgery
- foot and ankle surgery
- spinal and neck surgery
- pelvic surgery
- spinal surgery
- arthroplasty and trauma
- lower limb reconstruction
How to access this clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will fax your referral letter to us. Once we receive it, we will send you a confirmation letter.
If you need surgery, you will be placed on a surgical waiting list after being seen in clinic. You may also need to attend the Pre-Admission Clinic prior to your surgery.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
- Mr Andrew Chia: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Istvan Csongvay: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Stephen Doig: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Afshin Kamali Moaveni: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Otis Wang: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Hamish Curry: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Arvind Jain: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Daniel Goldbloom: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr Farnaz Yassaee: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)