We care for people with a possible or definite diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) as well as neuro immunology (NI) conditions.
What we do
Our clinic is run by MS & NI specialist neurologists as well as an MS nurse consultant.
We provide this service at two locations - here at Caulfield Hospital, and at The Alfred.
We aim to provide the highest quality care in partnership with the patient, their family, their GP and other community care providers.
How to access this clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
- Dr Cassie Nesbitt: Neurology
- Prof Helmut Butzkueven: Neurology
- A/Prof Anneke Van der Walt: Neurology
- Dr Mastura Monif: Neurology