We provide Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) to people with decompression illness (commonly known as 'the bends'), non-healing wounds and serious soft-tissue infections.
Who we care for
We provide care to inpatients and outpatients.
We have three pressurised rooms, which provide enough space for treating patients in beds (such as those from Intensive Care) as well as people coming in for routine daily treatments.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
Your GP or medical practitioner will organise for you to access this service.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a day procedure
- Responsible adult carer to stay with you to hear instructions, help you and take you home
- Comfortable day clothes, such as a tracksuit