The Alfred Women’s Cardiology clinic offers a streamlined service to assist timely diagnosis and specialist management of cardiac conditions more frequently seen in women
Clinical service overview
Conditions managed by the clinic include:
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Failure
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (SCAD)
- Myocardial Infarction with Non-Obstructive Coronary Disease (MINOCA)
- Microvascular angina pectoris
- Cardiovascular risk & complications arising from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women with adverse pregnancy outcomes placing them at higher cardiovascular risk
Refer your patient
Specialist referrals only
A referral from a specialist is essential for accessing this service.
|Tuesday||The Alfred||2.00pm-5.00pm, fortnightly|
- Dr Monique Watts: Cardiology
On the doctor’s behalf, Alfred Health can bulk bill the cost of the consultation for some services through Medicare. This means there is no out of pocket expense to the patient.
MBS-billed services require a current referral. Provide your patient with a 12 month referral to see the specialist of your choice at the requested clinic.
Referrals must be addressed to a named specialist or the Head of service, listed at the top of this page. Clinic consultants are listed on every clinic page.
Note that from time to time, your patient may be seen by another specialist in the clinic, in order to expedite their treatment.