We provide comprehensive care for patients with renal impairment (acute renal insufficiency and chronic kidney disease).
Clinical service overview
This clinic is run by a multidisciplinary team, including:
- renal registrars
- a team of nursing coordinators, including outreach, dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, haemodialysis, transplant and clinical trials
- specialist renal dietitian
- social worker
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency. Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2923
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2580
- Enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referral fax (03) 9076 3494
- A/Prof Basu Gopal: Renal Medicine
- Prof Rowan Walker: Renal Medicine
- A/Prof Scott Wilson: General Medicine, Renal Medicine
- Dr Holly Hutton: Renal Medicine
- Dr Christopher Sia: Renal Medicine
- Dr Kristeen Barker: Renal Medicine
- Dr Peggy Teh: Renal Medicine
- Dr Anna Munasinghe: Renal Medicine
Kidney Health Australia
National Kidney Foundation
Services, resources, fact sheets, research, news and FAQs on kidney disease and transplanation
Renal Society of Australasia
A not-for-profit professional association which aims to advance the care of people with kidney disease
Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology
Education, research and grants, employment, meetings and contacts
ANZDATA and ANZOD
Statistics relating to the outcomes of treatment of those with ESRF, and data on all organ donors after death