This clinic is for patients with any form of cardiac disease and associated conditions.
Clinical service overview
The Alfred is one of the leading cardiology services for the state and receives many referrals spanning a broad range of conditions. Often patients are seen through our General Cardiology service for diagnosis and management, and depending on the tests and treatments required, patients are either referred on to our other specialist clinics or managed within this clinic.
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 3263
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 6525
- Referral fax (03) 9076 2461
- Referral enquiries email email@example.com
|Monday||The Alfred||1.00pm - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||The Alfred||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Wednesday||The Alfred||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||The Alfred||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||The Alfred||9.00am - 5.00pm|
- Prof Anthony Dart: Cardiology
- Prof Stephen Duffy: Cardiology
- Dr Peter Bergin: Cardiology
- Dr Peter Blombery: General Medicine
- Dr William Chan: Cardiology
- Dr Elton Fagan: Cardiology
- Dr Peter Habersberger: Cardiology
- Dr Lisa Lefkovits: Cardiology
- Dr Andrew Lim: General Medicine
- Dr Shane Nanayakkara: Cardiology
- Dr Phillip Ngu: Cardiology
- Dr Roshan Prakash: Cardiology
- Dr Dion Stub: Cardiology
- Dr Victor Wayne: Cardiology
- Dr Morris Williams: Cardiology
- Dr Hendrik Zimmet: Cardiology
- Dr Leon Zimmet: Cardiology
On the doctor’s behalf, Alfred Health can bulk bill the cost of the consultation for some services through Medicare. This means there is no out of pocket expense to the patient.
MBS-billed services require a current referral. Provide your patient with a 12 month referral to see the specialist of your choice at the requested clinic.
Referrals must be addressed to a named specialist or the Head of service, listed at the top of this page. Clinic consultants are listed on every clinic page.
Note that from time to time, your patient may be seen by another specialist in the clinic, in order to expedite their treatment.