The Cardiothoracic Clinic sees patients with a wide range of thoracic and cardiac conditions. There is a particular focus on lung and chest wall conditions.
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2025
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6938
- Enquiries email email@example.com
|Wednesday||The Alfred||1.45pm - 4.00pm|
- Prof Kumud Dhital: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
- Prof Silvana Marasco: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
- Prof David McGiffin: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
- Mr Adam Zimmet: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
- Mr Justin Negri: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
- Mr Julian Gooi: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
- Mr Atsuo Doi: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Transplantation
On the doctor’s behalf, Alfred Health can bulk bill the cost of the consultation for some services through Medicare. This means there is no out of pocket expense to the patient.
MBS-billed services require a current referral. Provide your patient with a 12 month referral to see the specialist of your choice at the requested clinic.
Referrals must be addressed to a named specialist or the Head of service, listed at the top of this page. Clinic consultants are listed on every clinic page.
Note that from time to time, your patient may be seen by another specialist in the clinic, in order to expedite their treatment.
Heart and Lung Transplant Trust (Victoria)
A not-for-profit association whose membership consists of heart and lung transplant patients, recipients, their carers and families
The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
A society that includes basic science, the failing heart and advanced lung disease