We care for and treat people with functional gut disorders.
What we do
We are a specialised unit that manages patients with irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation and problems with intractable gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, nausea or chronic abdominal pain among many other conditions.
We are one of the only truly multidisciplinary clinics in Australia that has specialised allied health and nursing co-located with gastroenterologists. We provide patients with access to:
- pelvic floor physiotherapists
- nurse specialists
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders through using evidence-based treatments via a multidisciplinary team approach.
Who we care for
We care for patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.
How to access this clinic
Ask your doctor for a referral
After we receive a referral from your doctor, you will be sent a letter from Alfred Health. This will have your Alfred Health UR number on the top left hand side of the letter and will ask you to:
- Complete the pathology slip that is contained within the letter.
- Complete an online triage questionnaire. You can access the questionnaire here.
Once we have received your questionnaire, you will then be notified by mail of your appointment time, date and location.
Note: The questionnaire helps us determine which therapist will best suit your needs. If the questionnaire is not completed within 30 days, you will not receive an appointment and we will require a new referral from your referring doctor.
If you are unable to complete the questionnaire online, please contact us on (03) 9076 2104, and we will send a paper copy out to you.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
- Prof Peter Gibson: Gastroenterology
- Dr Rebecca Burgell: Endoscopy, Gastroenterology
- Dr Anna Foley: Gastroenterology
- Dr Gillian Skardoon: Gastroenterology
- Dr Mark Ward: Endoscopy, Gastroenterology