We care for, treat and support adults with Cystic Fibrosis.
Who we care for
We provide care and treatment for people who are:
- in hospital
- referred to our specialist consulting clinics
We look after adults with Cystic Fibrosis from across Victoria, as we are a state-wide service.
We can also provide treatment for you in your home, when you are well enough, using the Hospital in the Home service.
If you are transferring from another Cystic Fibrosis Care Service, your CF Specialist will need to send us a medical letter which details the care you have received at that Centre and your current health as well as copies of any previous scans and test results.
Commonly asked questions
Yes, we are happy to assist in completing these types of documents if they are relevant to your illness and current health status.
Please bring these documents, such as Special Consideration for University, Travel Insurance and Centrelink paperwork, with you to your appointment.
How to access this clinic
How to access: Cystic Fibrosis
There are two pieces of information required to access this service/clinic:
- Transfer information from your previous CF care centre (an appointment will be made once we receive this information)
- A referral from a General Practitioner (please bring to your first appointment)
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
|Monday||The Alfred||By appointment|
|Tuesday||The Alfred||By appointment|
|Wednesday||The Alfred||By appointment|
|Thursday||The Alfred||By appointment|
|Friday||The Alfred||By appointment|
- Prof John Wilson: Respiratory physician
- Dr Anastase Kotsimbos: Respiratory physician
- A/Prof Robert Stirling: Allergy and Respiratory
- Dr Dominic Keating: Respiratory physician
- Dr Alan Young: Respiratory physician