The Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit (CRU) is a specialised service for people who have experienced a cardiac event, heart failure or require assistance to minimise their risk of a cardiac event.
What we do
Our comprehensive Cardiac Rehabilitation Program offers:
- supervised exercise
- lifestyle management
There are no geographical boundaries and there is no fee to attend. We are able to organise interpreter services when necessary.
Entry into the program is prioritised according to issues such as need to return to work.
- priority patients are generally assessed within 7-10 days from receiving referral
- other patients are generally assessed within 2-4 weeks from receiving referral
All patients are assessed at aour Pre-Admission Clinic prior to commencing the program.
Who we care for
We specialise in managing people with:
- complex cardiac issues
- younger, fitter people who have a cardiac condition
- people who require assistance to return to work
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
What to wear for rehabilitation or exercise classes
- Comfortable day clothes, such as a tracksuit
- Well-fitting, closed-toe styled shoes with firm grip soles. Do not wear open back, slip-on slippers