The Acquired Brain Injury Transitional Living (TLS) service is part of the Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre. The centre is dedicated to specialist care for people with a severe brain injury.
What we do
The TLS is a four-bed purpose-built service which aims to support people who require graduated rehabilitation so they can be discharged to more independent living settings. The TLS is located off the main Caulfield Hospital site.
Who we care for
The Transitional Living Service is a purpose-built house designed to assist in the transition to community living for four residents at a time. Patients can be referred from inpatient rehabilitation or community settings.
Patients who require further skill development will receive residential rehabilitation in this facility to build greater skills in independent living in a home-like environment before re-entering the community.
The TLS is located a brief walk from Caulfield Hospital and supports continued rehabilitation by enhancing the daily living, social and recreational skills of patients. This will allow patients to practice personal and community activities that they need to master before returning to the community.
How to access this service
Contact us directly
Via phone: 9076 7423
Once a referral has been received, the Manager of the TLS will be in contact to discuss the referral.
For external referrals, patients will require a brief admission to the ABI Rehabilitation Centre for further assessment and planning, in advance of TLS admission.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For Transitional Living Service stay, please bring
- Comfortable day clothes, such as a tracksuit
- Well-fitting, closed-toe styled shoes with firm grip soles. Do not wear open back, slip-on slippers
- Personal hygiene items, such as shampoo, shaving cream, shaver, toothpaste and deodorant
For Transitional Living Service stay, please do not bring
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash
- Valuables, such as jewellery or watches