Cardiac Rehabilitation research
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit (CRU) provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitate patients who have experienced a cardiac event, heart failure or require risk factor modification.
The CRU specialises in the management of patients with complex issues, the younger, fitter patients and those who require return to work assistance.
Current research projects in this area
- The Cardiac SCAR (Scar Care and Rehabilitation) Project. Wise F, Sheppard R, Patrick J, Corby L
- Prospective memory training to improve heart failure self-care (PROMETHEUS): a parallel randomised study. Cameron J, Wise F, Thompson D, Ski C, Kure C, Vukovic B, Braithwaite R, Zisis G, Rendell P, McLennan S, Prior D
- Understanding health literacy needs of cardiac rehabilitation attendees and non-completers. Beauchamp A, Wise F, Jackson A, Murphy B, Sheppard R
- Cognitive Change following Cardiac Rehabilitation. Wise F, Lewis M, Kinsella G, Ong B, Pike K
- Eating behaviours in Cardiac Rehabilitation Patients. Wise F, Sheppard R, Patrick J
- Return to work following Cardiac Rehabilitation. Wise F, Sheppard R, Patrick J