Prof Mark Shackleton
Director of Oncology
Prof Mark Shackleton is the Director of Oncology at Alfred Health.
Prof Mark Shackleton is the Director of Oncology at Alfred Health, a Professor of Oncology at Monash University, a Victorian Cancer Agency Clinical Research Fellow, Chair of Melanoma and Skin Cancer Trials Ltd and a Director of Cancer Trials Australia Ltd.
After training in medical oncology and at the Ludwig Institute in Melbourne, he undertook PhD studies at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and post-doctoral work at the University of Michigan, USA.
He has received several major prizes for his research:
- 2016 Victorian Cancer Agency Clinical Research Fellowship
- 2012 Australian Science Minister’s Prize for Life Scientist of the Year
- 2011 Pfizer Australia Fellowship
- 2010 NHMRC Achievement Award
- 2006 Victorian Premier’s Award for Medical Research
His clinical interests include melanoma and skin cancers, precision oncology and immunotherapy.