Let me know
Let me know is an important way of involving you and your family in your Alfred Health care team.
What is let me know?
Let me know is a safety net for patients, families and carers who notice concerning changes in a patient’s medical condition.
Part of your care team
As part of the team we want you to tell us when something is ‘not quite right’. As a patient this might be a change in how you feel, look or behave. As a family member or carer you may notice these types of changes before it is obvious to medical and nursing staff.
If you notice a significant change in your own health or that of your loved one, then let me know.
How do I use let me know?
Talk to your nurse
- speak directly with your nurse
- the nurse will make an assessment and discuss your concerns
- still concerned or can't locate a nurse? Ask to see your doctor
Talk to your doctor
- the doctor will come to review you or your loved one
- if you cannot speak to your doctor or you are still concerned, talk to the nurse in charge
- the nurse in charge will try to resolve your concern
Still concerned? Call 1800 901 445
- the let me know nurse will answer your call. Have your room and bed number ready
- you may be asked some questions over the phone to help us respond to your concerns
- the let me know nurse will come and make an assessment
Let me know follow-up
- the let me know nurse will engage with your nursing and medical team
- a senior member of staff will review your call to ensure your concerns were met