The Alfred Drink and Drug Drive Behaviour Change Program
From 30 April 2019, a VicRoads approved Behaviour Change Program must be completed for each drink or drug driving offence. The goal of The Alfred Drink and Drug Drive Behaviour Change Program is to support participants to reduce the risk of re-offending once you get your licence back.
Who is this program for?
The drink drive program applies to you if:
- You were caught drink-driving with a blood or breath alcohol concentration (BAC) of less than 0.15, and
- It was your first drink or drug driving offence, and
- You did not have drugs in your system.
The drug drive program applies to you if:
- You were caught with drugs in your system, and
- It was a first drug or drink driving offence.
Why choose The Alfred’s Program?
- The program is facilitated by VicRoads accredited Social Workers from The Alfred’s Department of Patient & Family Services.
- The program is approved by VicRoads under the Road Safety Act 1986.
- It is a six-hour program held on two consecutive Wednesdays of the month, from 5:15pm – 8:30pm.
- The program is located on-site at The Alfred, which is conveniently accessed via public transport.
How do I get a Certificate of Completion?
You will need to participate in all aspects of the program including:
- Attend punctually for both week 1 and week 2 for the full program
- Participate in group activities and group discussion
- Complete a participant handbook
- Complete the Alcohol (AUDIT) or Drug (DUDIT) Use Questionnaire to determine if you could benefit from further support. If so, the facilitator will provide you with a referral for this support.
After meeting all of these participation requirements, you will receive a Certificate of Completion which should be presented to VicRoads.
Fees: $280 plus $67 for VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee
($266 Concession plus $34 VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee)
How do I enrol in the program?
If you wish to enrol in a program, contact the Department of Patient & Family Services reception on (03) 9076 3026 to enquire about specific dates and fees.
Payment via credit or debit card will be required to reserve a place.
Please note: If your VicRoads letter specifies that you need to complete an intensive program you can consult the ‘VicRoads Behaviour Change Program providers’ page on their website for information.