Global Emergency Care Conference
This event is now closed.
The Global Emergency Care Conference is an exciting annual event open to all healthcare professionals with a passion for the development of global emergency care, particularly in resource-limited settings.
Royce Hotel, 379 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004
The Conference brings together all types of emergency care providers (doctors, nurses, paramedics, researchers, teachers, administrators etc.) to hear of the incredible experiences, up-to-date evidence and recommendations of experts in global emergency care.
The themes for the 8th Annual Alfred Global Emergency Care Conference (GECC*) are education and research: the building blocks of effective global emergency care capacity development.
The program will explore:
- What are essential elements of emergency care education in resource-limited settings?
- Which content is most relevant? What are the most appropriate methods for effective learning?
- What resources already exist?
- What is the evidence-base for global emergency care programs?
- What are the key research questions?
- How can emergency care programs be more effective?
- What areas of research should be prioritised?