The Alfred secondary school work experience program
Our work experience program provides students with an opportunity to gain insight into the health care industry. The program is offered to students undertaking years 10-12. Students participating in the program are given an opportunity to spend one week working within available departments to observe and participate in the daily activities of those departments.
Thank you for your interest in work experience at Alfred Health. Applications have now closed for 2019.
Please contact us directly to find out about applications for 2020.
Where you will work
Participating departments include:
- Human Resources
- Nursing (placements only in June & July)
- Occupational Therapy (placement is for 2 days)
- Rheumatology Unit
- Vascular Laboratory (placement is for 3 days)
Find out more about these work experience opportunities at The Alfred
We are unable to take placement students in the following areas:
- Intensive Care Unit
- Operating and procedural suites, including all theatres and procedural rooms
- Patient and Family Services
The program at The Alfred is very popular with students. This year we received over 500 applications.