Your medical career at Alfred Health
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We strive to achieve the best possible health outcomes for our patients and our community by integrating clinical practice with research and education.
Alfred Health will provide you with all of the opportunities and support you need to prepare you for your chosen medical career:
- Broad range of clinical experience
- Rotations in a variety of facilities
- Accredited training for specialty exams
- An excellent mentoring program by Senior Medical Staff
- A dedicated Medical Education Unit with unparalleled education programs
- A committed Medical Workforce Unit
- A vibrant RMO Society
As part of our commitment, we provide a comprehensive orientation program and numerous unit and hospital educational meetings including weekly intern education sessions.
Our teaching program recognises that the bulk of your training is at the ward level under supervision of your registrars and consultants, and through regular feedback regarding various aspects of your performance.
To help you with your career decisions and provide guidance during your training, we have dedicated team members including:
- Supervisor of Intern Training
- Director of Clinical Training
- Directors of the respective College training programs, available to provide you with guidance and options
Find out more about our Medical Education Unit
Senior Medical Staff mentors
You will find our dedicated Senior Medical Staff approachable and eager to assist. To facilitate active communication and guidance, we have established an excellent formal mentoring program with our Senior Medical Staff.
The Alfred has an active RMO Society that meets monthly to discuss concerns from doctors at all levels. The RMO Society is funded by contributions made by the doctors and supports events such as Friday lunches, morning teas, BBQ's in the comfortable Residents' Quarters, and a number of dinners throughout the year. Cable TV and snack provisions are also provided in the Quarters.