The Neurosurgery clinic is a multi-disciplinary clinic which includes consultant neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, physiotherapists and cancer support staff.
Clinical service overview
All surgeons specialise in different areas including:
- cerebrovascular surgery, including aneurysms and AVM's
- brain tumour and skull base surgery
- neuro-endoscopic surgery
- complex spine and cranial microsurgery
- carotid occlusive disease
- trigeminal neuralgia
- degenerative spinal disease
- trauma surgery
Find out more about each doctors specialties in the referal guidelines.
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2025
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6938
- Enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Jeffrey V. Rosenfeld: Neurosurgery
- Mr Nicholas Maartens: Neurosurgery, Spinal Surgery
- Mr Keith Gomes: Neurosurgery
- Dr Ka Hou Carlos Chung: Neurosurgery