Our Gastroeterology service provides care and treatment for people with problems associated with the digestive system and liver.
What we do
We specialise in:
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Liver, gall bladder and bile duct diseases
- Pancreatic disease
- Coeliac disease
- Oesophageal diseases (swallowing disorders and reflux).
We have specialists who perform endoscopy procedures for investigation and diagnosis.
We are also involved in research and education, collaborating with Monash University and the Burnet Institute.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a day procedure
- Responsible adult carer to stay with you to hear instructions, help you and take you home
- Comfortable day clothes, such as a tracksuit
For an overnight (or longer) stay
- Dressing gown and slippers, or comfortable day clothes and shoes
- Personal hygiene items, such as shampoo, shaving cream, shaver, toothpaste and deodorant
- Something to do, like a book, a magazine or an iPad/tablet with headphones
Don’t bring (for an overnight or longer stay)
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash
- Valuables, such as jewellery or watches
|PEG Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Hepatitis Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Liver Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Rapid Access Clinic for Endoscopy||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|General Gastroenterology Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Professor Stuart Roberts’ Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Hepatoma Clinic||The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Functional Gut Clinic
Fridays at The Alfred
|The Alfred||99 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|