Share your experiences as a patient, carer or family member to help us plan, design, implement and evaluate care and services.
What is a Consumer Advisor?
A Consumer Advisor is a current or past patient of Alfred Health services. A Consumer Advisor can also be a carer or family member of our patients. By sharing your personal experiences of our health service, you can assist us to improve patient experience.
Consumer Advisors volunteer their time to bring an invaluable patient, family or community perspective. They participate in committees, focus groups and a range of other activities to ensure the patient perspective is always considered in service improvements.
Share your experience
Depending on your interest, experience and availability, opportunities include:
- Story sharing – You can help by talking about your health care experiences with clinicians, staff, and other patients
- Committees and working groups - Participate in meetings with other consumers and staff to share the patient perspective
- Patient information - You can review and help create brochures, factsheets and other publications that readers can understand and use
- Short-term projects - Partner with staff on short term projects or focus groups to help improve services
- Serve on an advisory group - Meet with other Consumer Advisors with similar experiences and make recommendations to staff
- Collect patient feedback – Survey patients about their experience of care to measure our performance
- Staff recruitment – Help us recruit staff by participating in interviews
- Staff orientation and education - Assist in presenting the concept of patient and family centred care using your own experiences
- Digital technology - Give us ideas and help user test new ways of communicating health and patient information
How to become a Consumer Advisor
We are no longer progressing Consumer Advisor applications due to COVID-19. You can still register and we will be in contact when services resume.