The orthopaedic clinics are multidisciplinary clinics which include orthopaedic surgeons, physiotherapists, orthotists and nurses. We treat people for emergency procedures, as well having a large elective surgery program.
Clinical service overview
All orthopaedic surgeons specialise in different areas of expertise, including:
- Hip and knee surgery
- Wrist and hand surgery
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Spinal and neck surgery
- Pelvic surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Arthroplasty and trauma
- Lower limb reconstruction
For more information on surgeon specialities, refer to the Orthopaedic Guidelines.
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2025
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6938
- Enquiries email email@example.com
- Mr Andrew Chia: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Istvan Csongvay: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Stephen Doig: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Afshin Kamali Moaveni: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Otis Wang: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Hamish Curry: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Arvind Jain: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Daniel Goldbloom: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr Farnaz Yassaee: Orthopaedic Surgery (Alfred)
- Mr Andrew Hughes: