Our BES service specialises in three distinct surgical areas - breast, endocrine and general.
What we do
We provide a service which specialises in:
- breast surgery
- gland and hormone system surgery
- soft tissue cancer surgery
- head and neck surgery
We also work in conjunction with the Victorian Melanoma Service.
The Breast service provides comprehensive, multi-disciplinary breast cancer management, including surgery.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will fax your referral letter to us. Once we receive it, we will send you a confirmation letter.
If you need surgery, you will be placed on a surgical waiting list after being seen in clinic. You may also need to attend the Pre-Admission Clinic prior to your surgery.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
For an overnight (or longer) stay
- Dressing gown and slippers, or comfortable day clothes and shoes
- Personal hygiene items, such as shampoo, shaving cream, shaver, toothpaste and deodorant
- Something to do, like a book, a magazine or an iPad/tablet with headphones
Don’t bring (for an overnight or longer stay)
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash
- Valuables, such as jewellery or watches
|Endocrine Surgery & General Surgery Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|Breast Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|
|BES Review Clinic||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|