The Alfred Physiotherapy in ICU course
This two day introductory course provides physiotherapists who are new to ICU, or returning to ICU, with an overview of the knowledge and skills required to safely and effectively work as a physiotherapist in the challenging ICU environment.
The Alfred, 55 Commercial Road, Melbourne 3004 (ICU Seminar Room, 1st Floor, Main Ward Block)
The course provides a combination of lectures and practicals, delivered by senior physiotherapists with extensive clinical , education and research experience in ICU.
- Introduction to ICU
- Assessment in ICU
- Mechanical Ventilation (Lecture and Prac)
- Non-Invasive Ventilation (Lecture and Prac)
- Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation
- Cardiovascular Assessment and Monitoring (possibly as concurrent session)
- Trauma and Head Injury Management
- Tracheostomy Management (possibly as concurrent session)
- Exercise in ICU
- Case presentations
Cost: $550 inc. GST.