Physiotherapy in Intensive Care Course - February 2017
This course is now sold out.
We plan to run another 1-2 courses in 2017 (May and September), however these are yet to be definitely confirmed. If you would like to be waitlisted/contacted about these courses, please contact Scott Bradley.
ICU Seminar Room, The Alfred, Main Ward Block, Level 1, 55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne
This two day introductory course to physiotherapy in ICU is aimed at Grade 1 physiotherapists who have recently, or will imminently work in ICU.
Faciliated by The Alfred Physiotherapy, this is an ideal course for physiotherapists returning to the ICU environment, or for those looking for a refresher. The course is a combination of theory and practicals. Course numbers are strictly limited to 24 participants.
Speakers (to be confirmed)
- Dr Carol Hodgson (Senior Physiotherapist, ICU)
- Dr Scott Bradley (Senior Physiotherapist, ICU)
- Ms Kate Hayes (Senior Physiotherapist, Cardiothoracics)
- Ms Lauren Martonhelyi (Senior Physiotherapist, Trauma)
- Mr Terry Chan (Senior Physiotherapist, ICU)
- Ms Claire Tipping (Senior Physiotherapist, ICU)
Topics (to be confirmed)
- Introduction to ICU
- Assessment in ICU
- Mechanical Ventilation (Lecture and Prac)
- Non-Invasive Ventilation (Lecture and Prac)
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation.
- Cardiovascular Assessment and Monitoring (possibly as concurrent session)
- Trauma and Head Injury
- Tracheostomy Management (possibly as concurrent session)
- Cough Assist
- Exercise in ICU
- Case presentations
$460.00 (inc GST)
Dr Carol Hodgson and Dr Scott Bradley