Volunteer at The Alfred
Volunteers are vital to our hospital. They provide many extra services, which supplement the care and treatment of our patients.
The Alfred volunteer program offers services including:
- hand and foot massages
- tea and coffee trolley service to outpatients
- shop trolley service for inpatients
- social visiting
- administration duties and
- a concierge service supporting patients when accessing the hospital.
The first step in becoming an Alfred volunteer is to attend an information session, which are held throughout the year.
Potential volunteers will be asked to:
- undertake a police check
- attend an orientation session
- attend one full day of training.
Ongoing training and support is provided to all successful applicants.
We often receive an overwhelming response to this program and can have more enquiries than placements available in the hospital, so there may be a delay in processing your expression of interest.