At Alfred Health, the GP Liaison team aims to improve communication between General Practitioners and Alfred Health to enhance patient care.
We can provide support by:
- Facilitating communication between Alfred Health and GPs in the community, including HMO education and improving discharge and outpatient correspondence
- The development and implementation of strategies to assist in outpatient clinic demand management and facilitate patient care
- Maintenance and updating of referral guidelines
- Assisting GPs in accessing hospital services, and providing a point of contact for GPs
- Liaising with the Primary Health Networks on a number of projects, including GP and practice nurse education programs
- Encouraging patients to have a GP
The Alfred Health GP Liaison team welcomes your feedback and suggestions. You can contact us by phone or email.
Josie is our GP Consultant in the GP Liaison team at Alfred Health.
Tracey is part of the GP Liaison team at Alfred Health.
The Voluntary Assisted Dying Act 2017 came into effect on 19 June 2019. Alfred Health's approach to Voluntary Assisted Dying is to partner with General Practitioners who, in the main, act as a patient's coordinating medical practitioner.
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services has developed statewide referral criteria to assist GPs and clinicians referring patients to specialist clinics. These referral criteria have been developed to improve access to specialist clinics in public hospitals by improving the quality and appropriateness of referrals.